BCOLBD 2021 OFFICIAL RULES FOR TEAMS
1. Students* only: Any current students or recent graduate may register as a competitor; a recent graduate is someone who was a student until 1 year ago (July 4th, 2019).
2. No age limits.
3. Representation: An individual may be attached to an academic institution by being enrolled in it; a recognized institution is an accredited educational institution or an institution that may grant a degree or diploma.
4. Returning Participation: Previous individuals are eligible to compete.
2. Team Uniqueness: Each team must be unique, i.e., a team may not share more than 50% of the same composition as any other team, rounded to the lower number if the team is an odd number; team leads must be unique, i.e., one person cannot be the team lead of multiple teams.
3. Team Representation: Each team must nominate one representative academic institution if team members are from different academic institutions.
4. Returning Participation: Previous teams are eligible to compete.
1. One Team, One Project: A team can submit only one project.
2. Registration: The registration will be open on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
3. The registration & submission deadlines for Teams:
a. Registration deadline: Thursday 31 December 2020 by 11:59 PM.
b. Whitepaper, posterboard, pitch deck as PDF deadline: Starting Monday 1 February 2021 and ending Wednesday 10 Feb 2021 by 11:59 PM.
c. Elevator pitch, 10-min pitch, prototype/demo videos deadline: Starting Thursday 11 February 2021 and ending Monday 22 Feb 2021 by 11:59 PM.
1. Evaluation Stage:Primary evaluation will be based on whitepaper and posterboard. Selected projects will be in the finals.
2. Grading Criteria: Each project shall be evaluated by the following three parts:
a. 20% Pitch Presentation (10-min limit)
b. 30% Whitepaper (10-page limit)
c. 50% Poster + Q&A Session
3. Prototype Grading Criteria: Proof of concept for parts of backend and frontend.
1. Category: Projects may be categorized as follows:
a. Documentation Authentication
e. Supply Chain Provenance
f. Other/ Miscellaneous
: a. Professor Jamilur Reza Choudhury Championship Award: Tk 100000 b. Silver Award: Tk 60000 c. Bronze Award: Tk 40000 d. Theme Category Winners (5): Tk 25000 e. Best Prototype Winner: (Tk 25000)